Sensibly priced clothing.

kipperthedog":1tb1snsk said:
I have had a bit of gear from here:

https://fdxsports.co.uk/

Reasonably priced, good value and post included. Ok not as good a Castelli etc but a fraction of the price!

Am cycling for 41 years, Castelli, Assos etc have always been overpriced and not worth the money unless someone else is paying for your kit.

Re:

I own some castelli jerseys and would agree they are overpriced. Good, but no better than some lesser brands.
I also own some Aldi clothing, and in short, it's crap. Colours wash out and the cut/fit is poor. Doesn't take long for jerseys to resemble mini skirts
I prefer mid brands such as Lusso, funkier and northwave. All are properly designed but as they aren't represented in the peloton, they don't carry the fashion price premium

Im a fan of Assos & yes they are expensive but last. I’ve got jerseys & bib-tights & bib shorts that are more than 10yrs old & still in great condition.

Also have some of there stuff which are also good quality https://www.q36-5.com/shop/

Re:

Ordered a pair of the FDX 3/4 bibs . I will report back on quality etc.
As for Aldi I have 3 of their autumn/spring weight tops .They are at least 15 years old and still going strong .Long sleeve & red in colour .The early range of cycling gear was much better than the more recent items.

Nob":c764qpme said:
Im a fan of Assos & yes they are expensive but last. I’ve got jerseys & bib-tights & bib shorts that are more than 10yrs old & still in great condition.

Also have some of there stuff which are also good quality https://www.q36-5.com/shop/

I'm a Santini man myself, I buy mostly from Prendas.co.uk. I may not ride like a pro but I like to look like one! So it's their retro pro gear I go for, ADR bibshorts and S/S jersey most recently. Also I got the La Vie Claire and Z bibshorts. All by Santini. It's pricey enough I suppose but I'm not in the Castelli league unfortunately!

Getting harder to get plain black leg warmers at a sensible price, Lusso were good so I got a few pairs from Daryl Webster's online shop a couple of years back. In Winter it's Santini leg warmers with brushed cotton inside for that little bit of extra warmth.

Re: Re:

bagpuss":6atv98aq said:
Ordered a pair of the FDX 3/4 bibs . I will report back on quality etc.
As for Aldi I have 3 of their autumn/spring weight tops .They are at least 15 years old and still going strong .Long sleeve & red in colour .The early range of cycling gear was much better than the more recent items.

Never had any of the Aldi tops, but have plenty of their bottoms. I usually pick them up when they go on mega-discount. I once scored half a dozen pairs for £2 each. None of them have worn out yet. But with that many they are in plenty of rotation.

Do not rate Halfords stuff. Had one of their rain jackets (discounted from around £90 to a tenner about a year ago) and frankly it's looking rather shabby already (velcro fastenings tearing off/no longer working).

Rapparee87":1b5hfgeo said:
…..from Daryl Webster's online shop …..
there's a name from the past. It was only this week I was wondering what had happened to him. I always remember such talent, but ruffling too many high-level feathers (which I thought quite entertaining at the time) to probably make it big.
Did he sign for a continental team for a while (Teka?)? or am I imagining that

Back