NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

vcballbat":3fu94m99 said:
The variation between front and rear brake drop can be quite simply be put down to fork rake which alters the angle of the brake caliper in relation to the rim...I hope this helps.
Yes, quite possibly... and forty years back, that would have been called out, by anyone who cared, as being either sloppy frame design or sloppy framebuilding..

The fork rake is the bend in the fork tubes and has no relationship to bad design or workmanship.
The frames are built by Reynolds 753 approved Maxway Cycles in Taiwan.

https://youtu.be/0YI5iShVTqI

Attachments

• rps20200924_181108_430.jpg
    rps20200924_181108_430.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 394
Re:

well... I would suggest to you that it's part of a framebuilder's professional expertise to build equal brake drop front and rear, regardless of any fork rake, unless there is a good reason not to, which reason you have not offered. Framebuilders can cut tubes to length you know.. even fork blades.

I don't think that's asking too much , especially when the commissioners and manufacturers have made such a noise about their 'design' and hi-tech precision skills and all that. Maybe originalshinkicker will mount some brake calipers for us in the next video so we can see where his shoes sit in their slots? It's interesting that this specific measurement is absent from the chart on the website, perhaps indicating that 'within 5mm of each other' is deemed to be an acceptable tolerance?

Re:

What will happen if the rear brake bridge was raised by 5mm ?

Keep studying the closeup photos of the rear brake pads and you will get the answer !

Re:

I don't want to move the brake bridge in the picture, because I'm trusting your assertion- as yet pictorially unverified on this thread- that the front shoes are likewise at the bottom of their slots on the pictured bike.
This is the point. If I were buying this frame I wouldn't much care whether the brake drop was 45mm or 50mm, but I would like and expect it to be the same front and rear, within a reasonable tolerance, which is significantly less than 5mm.

I see simularities towards the earlier Bianchi Eroica. Just as this Raleigh nice bikes, but not that special also :cool:
producten-KVmYcc.jpg

rikster":a1svqqys said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TI-Raleigh-40th-Anniversary-LIMITED-EDITION-1-of-only-200-Worldwide-STILL-BOXED/184461533074?hash=item2af2c39f92:g:O~sAAOSwZM9fX1~f

Already on ebay...
….. with a significant profit margin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
rikster":36vbhplk said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TI-Raleigh-40th-Anniversary-LIMITED-EDITION-1-of-only-200-Worldwide-STILL-BOXED/184461533074?hash=item2af2c39f92:g:O~sAAOSwZM9fX1~f

Already on ebay...

He’s having a laugh at that price......

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Wondering if the seller has been reading this thread ......
I to thought about purchasing one {frame set},but as I now only ride a bike with mudguards on decided against .
With the present economic times I doubt the e bay one will sell at the listed price .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back