Raleigh Record Ace 1980 WK0 last year at Worksop info please

legrandefromage":btglve5x said:
Nice project but too small for you!

*I have that saddle and seatpost still

22 1/2" so actually spot on my size ;)

Unlike the giant black frame in my shed ;)

Re: Re:

bagpuss":3khp43uq said:
From a few years back on this forum.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=342374&start=10

I note that the rear seat stay cluster have evolved over time .

Mark .
It will be a interesting project .Keep us all posted :)
I think lloyds do the decals .

Thank you

I am thinking going period correct now, rather than trying to keep to spec, been looking at the American ones in the link you sent me, some of them used Stronglight 49D cranks and I have a pair of those here already ;) Thanks for the tip about lloyds :D

Re:

There is a RRA frame & forks in ice green on the bay as we speak . My size as well .
I have booked an appointment to see my threrapist, as I may well need help again to get over another bout of nostalgia .

bagpuss":1wpqjgul said:
There is a RRA frame & forks in ice green on the bay as we speak . My size as well .
I have booked an appointment to see my threrapist, as I may well need help again to get over another bout of nostalgia .

Sorry :oops: just send me the therapy bill :LOL:

kermitgreenkona88":kwyyjm2u said:
bagpuss":kwyyjm2u said:

Sorry :oops: just send me the therapy bill :LOL:

You have not seen inside my garage, I may need many sessions of CBT....Cognitive bike therapy. Clearly it is not working so far :oops: or is OCD...obsessive collecting disorder . O well back to cupboard under the stairs for now .

Full house . by rebalrid, on Flickr

Re:

:shock: That is a mightly impressive collection, what is the lovely Red and Chrome frame hung on the wall, and why did you choose to build a Kirk Revulsion instead ? :facepalm:

Re:

I went for the Frank Kirk because of its out of the box design .Purchased the frame new old stock from Nigel Scott {Campyoldy} many years ago,about 2005 I think . I have alway collected odd ball/ unusual frame designs and it fitted right in.
Frank Kirk . Precision Competition . by rebalrid, on Flickr

The one hanging up is my Mercian Vincitore special .I have retired it for now having worn out the bottom bracket threads following tens of 1000s of miles use .Still deciding what to do with it . It is not worth the cost of a new "special lugs ". A plain lugs replacement whilst cheaper would not be the same .
I have tried one of the velo orange threadless bracket shell which eventually came loose.
I might go with epoxy resin bonding . Once it is in , it will be staying in.
This was it enroute Austria in 2014.
Top of a Bloo!! big hill .Prozheim by rebalrid, on Flickr

Ooh an RRA appreciation page, I'm in.

@kermitgreenkona88 My RRA is in my to do queue and I'm not sure how much help it will be as I bought it as a bare frame and built it up with what I thought was correct/had to hand so I'm not sure how much of it is. The frame though and its numbering is the same as yours and does still have its original decals.

I've always taken mine as Worksop, July 1980 but never worked out why there is an S on its side over the date 0

A couple of pics below which I hope are helpful, I've got a few closeups of things like the seat cluster, bottom bracket and the rear dropout etc. If they would be helpful?

And @bagpuss I have a similar affliction, my avatar is a picture from inside my garage and that Kirk really is a cool looking thing

Attachments

• DSCF4594.JPG
    DSCF4594.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF4593.JPG
    DSCF4593.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 189
Back