Cinelli Stem. 7mm Allen Key?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
I think the answer is yes. 6mm too small and 8mm is too large. Of course, none of my sets have 7mm. I wonder how I did it before?

Does anyone know if 3/8 will be close enough?

Re:

velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx?ID=3C3F47E5-D410-4170-9380-C60BD8D75DB1&Enum=102&AbsPos=5

That's the one I think. Certainly got the same bar clamp bolt. I'm off to the shop then!

Shop didn't have one. I was getting desperate when I found a 7mm insert for a screwdriver bit set. Result! I'll do it up with a spanner.

I can confirm that the stem is indeed 7mm.

7mm is the Corsa Record chainset bolt size so there have been a few in my toolbox for some time. I recently (last couple of years) bought a 1/4" drive 7mm bit for my "long trip" tool set so I know that they are widely available. I'm surprised that the 1A is 7mm since the 1R is 6mm but will take your word for it. Good luck and I hope you fix it.

Yes, all sorted. I found a 7mm 1/4 inch drive bit in a set I found in the recesses of the garage.

The stem is (I think) one of these:

velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx?ID=3C3F47E5-D410-4170-9380-C60BD8D75DB1&Enum=102&AbsPos=5

Hopefully the link works this time!

Edit: No it hasn't worked. I can't be arsed to put any more time into it! It is a Cinelli 1A Earlier version. Late 60s into 70s. It is the one with a hex bolt to tighten up on to the bars.

Back