Dave Lloyd Frame Register

Re:

I've no idea, but it would have been someone relatively close to his workshop I would have thought.

Re:

It is a Concept 90 originally made for SMK and constructed of 01 (zero uno), which is a Dedacciai tubeset.

My C90 is made of the same tube, it rides really well but can be a bit harsh on rough roads.

Re: Re:

NeilM":3cr9la99 said:
It is a Concept 90 originally made for SMK and constructed of 01 (zero uno), which is a Dedacciai tubeset.

My C90 is made of the same tube, it rides really well but can be a bit harsh on rough roads.

Thanks for that and idea of age roughly So who are SMK ?

Re:

Well the clue to the age is in the numbers 9 and 7.

Your frame was made in 1997.

I have no idea about SMK, there were three frames ordered all at the same time, so maybe they were a retailer / bike shop.

Hi Neil, you said "I'd love to see some pictures.... cos we do luv a good pichur on RetroBiek"
So here they are.

Attachments

• Dave_Lloyd_1c.jpg
    Dave_Lloyd_1c.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 668
  • Dave_Lloyd_4.jpg
    Dave_Lloyd_4.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 668
  • Dave_Lloyd_7.jpg
    Dave_Lloyd_7.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 668
  • Dave_Lloyd_14.jpg
    Dave_Lloyd_14.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 669
Re: Re:

Thanks Neil, that helps a lot. Were the C90s available in both 700 and 650c? The eBay one is 650 I believe. Cheers.

NeilM":2z5bhyek said:
There is a C90 on ebay around that size at the moment.

For a nice frame around £250, more or less depending on condition, how fancy pants the paint is, how much chrome and all that. Also if it does or does not have forks.

I have a really nice C90 and I may have paid £300 ish, I don't remember exactly. My Q650 which was frame only but complete with Royce BB and which is finished in exactly the same colour scheme as Dave's own bike at the time was I think £265.

I hope that helps.

Re:

The Concept 90 and the later Concept 2000 were both built for 700c wheels. The 800TRI and the much less often seen Quantum 650 had 650c wheels.

The difference between the TRI and the Q650 is that the TRI was for...erm Tri and usually has a higher seat position and so a longer set of seat stays. But, as the frames were all custom built, the longer stays are not always that visible and I have seen 800TRI's for sale that looked just the same proportions as my Q650.

Back