Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM May 2020.
This month is an open month so all are welcome, if it's a retro road bike then it's in!

Dig them out, get a photo or two with a brief couple of sentences to describe it and a link to further information or photos such as a build page in readers rides ;) or web or blog page.
Start posting here, thanks

Jamie

Re:

Hi, I'll make a start, not my usual build but I'll get to see what a modern bike goes like :D . I've put together a 1994 Condor Professional with 753 tubing, I picked the frame up at a jumble with a fractured chain stay, it is in very good condition with just a few age related blemishes. Since buying it, it has been back to its maker ( Dave Yates ), who still had a stay in his old stock, he managed to do the repair without too much paint damage, and a friend managed to get the correct colour blend. So I've been picking up some of that Campag stuff at various cycle jumbles ( remember them ) during the last year, it is mainly Chorus from different years with an Athena Rear, and assorted odds & sods, so not a groupset for the purist, but it is all 'nearly new' stuff. It rides nice, but I've not done a long ride yet, and I am a little concerned the 7 x 2 gears may give me too much choice :D Thanks Terry

Attachments

• Condor94_small2.jpg
    Condor94_small2.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 4,752
  • Condor94_small.jpg
    Condor94_small.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 4,752
That’s a bit modern for you OldTel :LOL:
But a nice classic condor none the less

OK I'll add my well traveled man into the fray.

This bike has covered thousands of miles and had probably lived several lives before I got my hands on it.

The build thread for it is here and is a tale of harrowing adversity and swash buckling daring do on my part to bring this bike back from the utterly filthy and unloved specimen I collected to the resplendent red machine you see before you now.

It is an Abeni Europa which is of Italian descent, from Sydney Australia and now resides in the south east of the UK, so as I say a well traveled man.

Attachments

• DSCF4442.JPG
    DSCF4442.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 4,660
  • DSCF4441.JPG
    DSCF4441.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 4,660
I'll enter this lowly Raleigh to make the numbers up, I have two of these frames which have both been for sale for over two years with no interest, so as it was rather warm yesterday I dug out a Shimano 1055 groupset that was collecting dust along with mtb brake levers/shifters and threw this charlie upright together and mighty fine it rides, I do need to change the tyres for 25c rather than whats on there at the moment.

FobpTqG.jpg

aw3mUQa.jpg

Here is mine for this month. An Italian child race bike (bici da corsa bambino) Minestrini. Probably somewhere from 1950/1960. Do you know more, please let me know. Just shortly in my possession. I'm going to restore this within time. On 14 x 1 1/4" Pirelli tires
thumbnail_20200521_141841.jpg

Wow! That's tiny!... how do the pedals not hit the floor? :shock:

dutchie":262ivl6e said:
Peachy!":262ivl6e said:
Wow! That's tiny!... how do the pedals not hit the floor? :shock:
They don,t :) Short cranks, and it helps when I inflate the tires....

yes, I guess that would help :roll: Looking forward to a build thread :D

allenh":238nqux5 said:
The build thread for it is here and is a tale of harrowing adversity and swash buckling daring do on my part to bring this bike back from the utterly filthy and unloved specimen I collected to the resplendent red machine you see before you now.

If any of you locked down RB members out there like a thread that takes a bike as rough as a badgers arse all the way back to showroom condition...this one's for you :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back