Need help to confirm my Claud Butler Electron 531 is 1976

Mine is a lovely frame in build but have a look closely and tell me what you see ;)

Yours Izak looks really nice and am glad you like it. I am sure it rides as good as it looks.

Jamie

Front forks?

Re:

Hi. Don't see any different in the forks. Sorry I am new vintage bikes is a hobby. Shame they can't be new. Will sell and start new project. Many thanks

Mine has had a slight front ender as evidenced by the paint loss on the down tube and a very slight, barely noticeable 'crease on the underside of the top tube.
That shouldn't really be an excuse for not doing something with it as it rode fine before I noticed and everything is straight and true. I only really noticed it when I went up into the loft one night with the head torch on and looked up and thought 'that looks weird'
Anyway, Izak, yours looks fine and looks the same as mine, my cables go along the top tube through the 'drop guides' as well.
Enjoy riding it.

Jamie

DSC_0287 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Hi. Sorry to see the damage on your frame. Is your bike a Reynolds 531 Frame. It is hard to point Details on these old bikes but i enjoy repairing and upgraded rare vintage racing bikes. Shame on the end i sell them and look for a new Project. My memory is a problem after a stroke. So this is a hobby and you cant sell or say something if I dont have the proof. Many thanks for all the help. Izak

Back