Indecision . Do I buy it.

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
I have the opportunity to purchase a T Jarvis flying gate in my size for £200 . It needs a repaint . No room in the garage :facepalm: but have a gap in the shed .
I tend to favour the classic design / odd ball frames . The price seems fair .
:? :? :?

Re:

Hi
Yes. Just do it. If you decide not to then I would be interested but as said.Buy it
Regards
Peter

Paul
He was voted frame builder of the year a time ago.It is a fraction of its value.Just buy the thing.I really must not take on any more bikes. As you know I am having a clearout at the moment. I could be very tempted though at that money. I still have a 1937 Baines eccolite to finish.Rarer than the gate but nowhere near as eccentric. As you probably know Trevor is compiling a Baines registery as he is now keeper of the marque and so far has only found four eccolites. I got into it because my name is also Baines but not related.The works was less than twenty miles from where I live. Look if you dont buy it ( and you should)I could still be interested subject to size.( I think I need taking into care )
Regards
Peter

Yes definitely go & purchase it as you’ll regret it if you miss the chance.....

Although not my bag, always thought they looked like a collection of sawn up scaffolding tubes, it is a rare type of frame and for that money a no brainer... buy it.

A pile of sawn off scaffold is a very fair description but way way ahead of its time in design.It took the rest of the uk builders years to appreciate short wheelbase frames.Ellis Briggs was probably amongst the early ones with the Favori.Loosing trade to the forward thinking continentals they had to do something.So.Steepen the angles so shortening the wheelbase and make it sound Italian.I have a 95 model and if ever I sell that it will be because my riding days are done.

If you are umming and ahing it probably means no. If I do that and end up buying I usually regret it (not always much).

Latest posts

Back