Holdsworth Frame Numbers

CBguy - very interesting and yes, very very similar (the cable tie/wrap things could be original?). Unfortunately I think the only thing that will bring this close to resolving though is some serial number information... :(

I don't see the pump pin in the RT cat. on any bike. Can't help but think that would put the frame late 80's pos. early 90's. I think RT explains the stay and lack of cable eyes. Both did use letters at the start on occasion. Is there any frames in RT cats. latter that have the peg/pin?

Hi, I’m currently in the process of restoring my holdsworth frame, I’m just wondering if anyone can tell me any info about the age and model of the frame. The frame number is 37236

Thanks Andrew

Re:

And another lovely Holdsworth.
No.39359 which should make it 1973 and a Super Mistral - has the diamond brake bridge details and a shim inside the bridge - plus the ghost of the 'Super Mistral' TT transfer I can also now make out after a bit more careful cleaning.
Build thread is here;
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=413686

Maz5431":zdvjsd1t said:
Hi, I’m currently in the process of restoring my holdsworth frame, I’m just wondering if anyone can tell me any info about the age and model of the frame. The frame number is 37236

Thanks Andrew
The frame number would suggest mid 1972 build, could have been sold latter that year or even 73. I would suggest you look in on the attached web site for model details that match your frame in early 70's. http://www.nkilgariff.com/

Hi - I am trying to ID a bit of a mystery vintage frame. It has a six-figure number in small format numerals 'north to south' on the crank tube, beginning with 51. It could easily be a 1951 frame, but the only six-figure system I can find would make it a 1935 Claud Butler. Did the six-figure frame numbers from 1976 come from Roy Thame or from the Holdsworthy company?
The one very unusual feature is that the front tube has what looks like a brass grease-nipple on the front and quite low down. I can't find another period frame with that feature.

Thank you! Frame number pic added. I hope to be able to add more photos tomorrow. Regards

Attachments

• Vintage frame number.png
    Vintage frame number.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 233
Re:

Hi, full frame pictures would be good, serial number very Selbach like but lugs look like they are post war, R O Harrison serial numbers are similar, but 90 degrees, but ( a second but ) he worked for Selbach before starting his own business, if so could be 41 or 51, piccies please. Thanks Terry

Back