Brands we never see on RB?

Dave Russell, Tony Oliver are two others that never seem to appear.
Of the production stuff, I'm surprised how rarely Viking is mentioned.

hamster":o66x5e77 said:

Several Dave Russels here. I've got 2 and there are others as well. I'm sure I've seen a Tony Oliver or two as well.

hamster":1s61h1cn said:
Right about that Hamster. I hope to address that Viking shortfall with my new thread. Currently asking for info., shortly to morph (I hope) into a restoration thread.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=406571
Given how the Vikings were all over the place a few centuries ago (and in the 50s and 60s) and how ubiquitous their bikes were (were they?), it is surprising. No horned helmets though, and certainly no pillaging or the other thing they were renowned for.

Re:

I would add to brands we never see: brands we rarely see -

Bill Philbrook - unheard of by most but leading builder of the finest frames
Hobbs of Barbican - early innovator of fine lugs and bright colours
Roberts/Geoff Roberts - innovators, perfectionists, builders to professionals and Olympians alike, ran pro team
Allin - Peter Cobb, superb largely forgotten builder, famous professional son
Higgins - engineers above all
Major Brothers - touring bicycle innovators - largely forgotten
Geoffrey Butler - very famous shop, pro team, their best frames built by Roberts & Shrubb
Cliff Shrubb - record breaking bike builder
Ron Cooper - Like Bill Philbrook (whom he admired) a leading builder

Rk.

N.B mind you these makes might date me !!!
I've got a Cliff Shrubb tourer frame that I'm renovating ..

Now, there's a Rotrax (early/mid 50s if I recall correctly) for sale near me. Worth a punt at around £300? That would swell the numbers.

Right about that Hamster. I hope to address that Viking shortfall with my new thread. Currently asking for info., shortly to morph (I hope) into a restoration thread.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=406571
Given how the Vikings were all over the place a few centuries ago (and in the 50s and 60s) and how ubiquitous their bikes were (were they?), it is surprising. No horned helmets though, and certainly no pillaging or the other thing they were renowned for.
C8973BA3-90B3-4D88-A410-E8D5C5C9D495.jpeg

Back