RBotM September 2019 - Open Month - Entries Now Open!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

OldTel":2woddy0v said:
Just thought I would counter all those lovely,beautifully crafted bikes in this months RBotM, with some age, flaky paint, and a bit of rust. I have just completed a clean, strip down, and regrease on this circa 1912 Continental 'Vélos sportifs', I don't know the model, so sports bike in french looked good. A bit of history, Continental Cycles were built in Angers, in the Loire valley from about 1900, through to the early 60's, they were taken over after World War 1 by a larger Group. It does ride okay ( flexible back required ), single freewheel, and has new 700A tyres ( 642 x 37 ), but currently you need to plan your braking, it has an original Bowden brake on the front, which is next to useless. Hope you like, Terry

I like that a lot! Looks in great condition for its age. I like to bring my bikes back to pristine condition, but this is a case of definitely leave as it is, flaky paint, rust and all.
I also like your Percy Barnard on flicker has that frame been built up now.?

Re:

Hi, thanks for the feedback, it will remain in its current old but lovely state, as far as the percy Barnard, I have had it made up, and completed a 100 miler on it in the fens, it's in the attic at the moment, as the garage is full. Thanks Terry

Reactions: 364
Re: Re:

Terry .Your machine is simply wonderful.
It reminds me of the Sunbeam Golden Road Racer that I owned . It was not as old,at about 1936/7 and all original apart of the tyres. Now with a new owner as it was to small for me at 22 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back