9 Speed Veloce Poor Shifting Question?

What state are the cables? I'd suspect a burst in the outer, a burr at a cable tip or muck.
In my experience, Campag 9 needs minimal twiddling - set the high and low stops, fit cable, pull at the excess under the down tube to settle the outers solidly into the cable stops, re-secure cable at the mech and try indexing. Maybe a half turn to sweeten things up, then 3000 trouble-free miles of riding...

Cable inner is new the outers are the original Campagnolo,but are in excellent condition.The jockey wheels are Campagnolo,but of incorrect width for 9 speed Veloce I have the correct 8.8mm width ones on the way to me.I'll have another fiddle with it in a little while and inspect the outer cable tips more closely etc......

One other thought.
Campag cassettes do not have all the spacers the same thickness. How sure are you that the cassette is assembled correctly?

hamster":2i8lrlro said:
One other thought.
Campag cassettes do not have all the spacers the same thickness. How sure are you that the cassette is assembled correctly?

Not sure it is assembled correctly but can remove it and reassemble.In which order of thickness are the spacers assembled between which cogs?

there's different spacers for different ratios of cassette at least on 10 speed. I dropped one when I was fitting it recently and had to get the manual to get them in the right order
from memory the bottom 2 sprockets have integral spacers anyway

hamster":6kzd08db said:
Markone":6kzd08db said:
Not sure it is assembled correctly but can remove it and reassemble.In which order of thickness are the spacers assembled between which cogs?

I can't remember, they are listed in the tech doc exploded view and have letter codes.

Do you have a link thus far I have only been able to find Veloce 10 speed tech doc's?

hamster":1wv4mlau said:
Markone":1wv4mlau said:

I can't remember, they are listed in the tech doc exploded view and have letter codes.

Here is a link to the techdocs and spacers in the exploded view.
https://www.slideshare.net/josetavaresd ... -bicicleta

Thanks for the link.I'm pretty certain looking at my cassette that all the spacers are the same size.I will be fitting the correct jockey wheels tomorrow and I'll see where that leaves me.If shifting is till poor then it may have to go to my LBS where I'll get the hanger checked for correct alignment....

Re:

Spacers are the same in each cassette., Ie the distance between each cog 1-9 is the same

Back