Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:27 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:13 pm 

Hello, i am wondering if anybody can help please. i have recently bought a Peugeot road bike and i am trying to identify its model. the previous owner told me he had purchased it from new in 1986. apart from the saddle he told me it was completely original. it is a 24inch Carbolite 103 frame in ANC Halfords Teams colours with orange handle bar tape. It has CLB brakes with internally routed cable through the top tube to the rear brake, Huret front and rear derailleurs with a maillard helicomatic 6 speed cassette/ hub. The wheels are maillard hubs with Rigida rims and i think stainless steel spokes. the hubs are marked with 16 86. the frame number is clearly stamped on the bottom bracket and there is evidence of where a label was near the bottom bracket but it is sadly no longer there. i would be very grateful if any body can help with its identification. i am trying to upload some pictures to help but need to reduce their sizes first.

Attachments:
1560699361923.jpg
1560699361923.jpg [ 101.2 KiB | Viewed 647 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:40 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Make yourself a cuppa and have a browse here

http://peugeotshow.com/

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:17 pm 
Old School Hero

Hi,
you wont find it in the Peugeot catalogues as it was a special edition sold only through Halfords as a budget replica of the ANC Halfords team bikes ( Halfords sponsored cycling team ) . Obviously the only similarity was the colour scheme as it was based on the entry level model in the peugeot racers range which was called the `premiere`. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:02 pm 

Good evening, thank you very much for reply. I had searched the online catalogues and as you say I couldn't find it anywhere, now knowing why. Sadly my budget doesn't stretch to a high end steel frame peugeot so when this one came along with a £50 price tag, I decided to give it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:04 am 
Retro Guru

Excellent buy, IMO. Carbolite frame, CLB brake set, aluminium rims, comfy-looking leather saddle and all in decent shape, by the looks of it. Should make a good all-round bike. I like it.