Dave Lloyd Frame Register

Re:

It just says a road frame, so that will be a conventional layout. I bet it will ride like a 'proper' racer. :mrgreen:

My experience with DL frames (and I have a few :facepalm: ) is that they tend to say faster....c'mon Faster... is that all you've got? Go FASTER.... regardless of what model they are. One of mine even got me to ride 6 miles home standing, after the USE (less) seat post clamp failed. I stuffed the saddle inside my jersey and slightly altered my 'rescue' route home. DL frames make you do these things. :twisted:

Re:

Yup.

According to the register it is an ATB made for Horswills from Reynolds 531.

I have one here that is the same, but mine is a 91, so yours may be a little chunkier with different geometry as all the frame builders were making it up as they went along back then.

Incidentally, your frame is No.90 in the register.

Re:

my Dave Lloyd is 961189

is there something about it?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2019-06-16 в 20.32.16.png
    Снимок экрана 2019-06-16 в 20.32.16.png
    109 KB · Views: 850
Re:

Oh, sorry, you want to know what is in my little book. :mrgreen:

You have the 5th frame made in 1996, is is just listed as a Road frame, so no mention of the canti brakes. It was made for Barrettos and is made from Reynolds 653.

Looks really nice, kinda lightweight and understated.

Re:

Thank you so much, it’s very hard to find smth about Dave Lloyd cycles.

I like pretty much design and usability of mine and it’s unusual breaks and campa + shimano stuff.

Re: Re:

retro_LLOYD":22sn3y8d said:
Thank you so much, it’s very hard to find smth about Dave Lloyd cycles.

I like pretty much design and usability of mine and it’s unusual breaks and campa + shimano stuff.

Here you go......... ;)

Re:

Any idea what the date is of that advert Nob?

If I were to guess, and the prices give me a clue, I'd say late 90's, as I suspect this is around the time when Dave stopped making frames, and just started selling them.

Re:

Greetings. Could you possibly tell me about serial number " LL 91299 "?

Any info would be much appreciated.

view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rEvXML ... sp=sharing

Back