Campagnolo rear mech help please...

I’m fairly well versed on old Shimano but I’ve not had a lot of experience with Campagnolo. I was out with a mate the other day and his rear mech lunched itself. The mounting bolt sheared off and all hell broke loose. Needless to say the mech is dead, and probably the chain but the frame is fine (10 points for steel!)

The mech was 8 speed Mirage (ergo) so just trying to find out cross-compatibility with Campagnolo stuff, speeds, product lines etc.

Also if anyone has a suitable replacement I’m in the market!

Re:

Crikey, sounds like a mess!

Any 8 speed Campagnolo mech will work. The trouble is that on ebay people tend to list things badly. As far as I'm aware, nothing ever said 8-speed on it, so it can be a bit hard to tell.

Sadly I don't have one to sell.

If in doubt, post an eBay ad link here and I'll be able to tell you if it's right or not.

Re:

You should be ok with campag 8 spd or 1st Gen (pre 2000) 9 speed, but not 21st century 9 speed

If the mech has a b-tension screw Shimano-style then it should be fine. Later ones with the fatter knuckle for the cage are the post-2001 type and are not compatible on cable pull.

Back