RBotM April 2019 - Theme month - Your favourite lugs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that’s just bonkers..... how can we top that?

Super cool on all fronts

We need several more things at this late juncture...…………………
more lugs entered
and roadking to stop keeping us in suspense and tell us this interesting story!!!!!!!!!

Jamie

Just a quick question re the Colnago 'arabesque', which btw I do think is stunning and by far the best set of lugs shown off so far and will get my vote....

But.... have I been putting my bar tape on wrong all these years? I thought you had to start from the ends and work up, otherwise it unravels under heavy use. Or do I have that wrong?

As these look like they’ve been started from the near the stem.

Attachments

• 1954 Claud Butler Jubilee Special (27) - Copy.jpeg
    1954 Claud Butler Jubilee Special (27) - Copy.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 6,106
  • 26330821117_15c02fbc7d_k.jpg
    26330821117_15c02fbc7d_k.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 6,106
Re:

Well spotted PeachyPM! This was an aberration as I also usually start at the bottom and work up. But when I was fiddling around with this one, I noticed that if I reversed the installation I could expose the 'Brooks' stamped logo nicely... :roll:

Understanding the risks of 'unravelling', I prepared the bars with double sided tape before the final installation of the leather tape to keep things nicely in place. It seems to work as the bike now has about 500km on it.

Ok, nice work around

Re:

A mechanic friend of mine like to do it that way round so as not to have unsightly tape at the top of the bar, he merely tucks it put the way. It looks very neat done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back