Cinelli Laser Rivoluzione Pista '87 Illustration

Re: Cinelli Laser Rivoluzione Pista '87 Info Wanted

I love the old Lasers and having a quick look I could also only find the one photo (a few different sizes of it). I'm fairly sure that the reason it's of poor quality is that it is a (bad) scan of a quite small photo from a brochure. I can't help on the decal text. The only other thing I found was a coupe of tiny thumbnails of the road version, a bare frame and a built up bike.

So I hope you are going to post the illustration when you are finish, at least a small version of it.

Why not hop on a plane & visit Cinelli’s factory in Milan....

Pretty much all of the Lasers were a mix of Columbus SL, Columbus SLX and Columbus Air tubing. I'd be very surprised if that Laser in made out of Gilco as it has no crimping - a key feature of the 'Gilco' tubeset. Here's my Pursuit that is out of SLX with an Air fork.
IMG_1026 by Glen Plummer, on Flickr

A lot of them were fitted with Vittoria Pista CS tubular tyres front and rear 700c/650c - a fairly popular track tyre in the day, so there is nothing unusual there.

The Stronglight crank and chainring were absolutely THE thing in the day, and the Cinelli wheels were rumoured to have been manufactured by Ambrosio. The saddle is a Cinelli Volare. And the bars looks pretty similar to the Cinelli LA84 bars on my Laser. I believe that Pesenti usually modded Campagnolo pista headsets for these one off customs - not that you can see much on this one.

Back