british eagle tourisque

legrandefromage":3gvfup7o said:
Thats an interesting one as they're normally a dark grey.

That could also be the production line brother of my British Eagle 'The Bike'

DSC_0033.thumb.JPG.5546695286e1c4625ad3c219df8cb89a.JPG
did you get wet feet parking and photo'ing it?

back on topic, they were good bikes on a par with the Galaxy

Its been quite a job getting the paint off where it stuck it stuck its a nice frame minor rust pitting

Attachments

• IMG_3280.JPG
    IMG_3280.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 315
Watching with interest.
Looks a good project and as you say it's a good quality frame as shown by how well it looks once the paint is gone and you can see it properly.
What is your plan for it?

Jamie

Jamiedyer":2wt3mrja said:
Watching with interest.
Looks a good project and as you say it's a good quality frame as shown by how well it looks once the paint is gone and you can see it properly.
What is your plan for it?

Jamie
Hi Jamie as it has all the attributes of a good winter bike as it is complete with mudguards and the like. useful rear rack so that is the plan. I live on the gwent levels and a large farming community. So the roads are a little messy on times you can imagine.
The big plus is it deserves being saved it is made with care the brazing is superb it's a quality bike 99 % is saveable so very cost effective as long as i don't get carried away. andy

I had some time managed to get the paint off the forks so all in etch primer now some nice lug work it's a nice frame well made very worth while job saving this one. I will not over restore it i shall clean the original components and fit. Might buy new tyres LOL

Attachments

• IMG_3418.JPG
    IMG_3418.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3419.JPG
    IMG_3419.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3421.JPG
    IMG_3421.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 197
It certainly does look like a frame that has been carefully built to a high standard.
I have seen a few 'quality' lightweights that certainly don't have the crisp brazing on the shorelines this one does.
What is the plan for paint?

Jamie

More primer flat and i have been down to my local garage he is a bike man lol. we matched original colour with two pack very chip proof. NOT WATER BASED PAINT. I have spray gear here wait until a warm day may get it done this week with a bit of luck
ANDY

Nice warm spring afternoon ITS IN PAINT at last no more rubbing down

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 171
Excellent thread!

legrandefromage":2dfyk0le said:
I had one of these and found the bottom bracket way too low

8950701113_c9cdda9b8c_b.jpg

@legrandefromage: just out of curiosity, since I am still on a quest for the perfect touring bike and I like the looks of this one, why was it too low? And how low was that?

TIA

I am going to a lot of trouble it was unrideable when i got it hope i get on well with it when it is finished. i am also interested in what was felt about the riding position. I am not going to be to fussy with the equipment i took of, if i can make i serviceable its going back on it its going to be a winter bike for me.

Back