HELP PLEASE - 1970's (?) Benotto

Su77y

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone out there can help me. I've got a late 70's (?) Benotto that someone has offered to buy off me, but I have absolutely no idea of the current market value. Any ideas?

Original frame (circa 56cm) recently resprayed and decal'd by Argus Bristol.
Original Modelo brakes.
Campag S Record Groupset (weo front gears that have been replaced with cheap Shimano (!)
Wheels are a cheap Mavic but have the original rims.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 297
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 297
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 297
Any idea which model it is? Benottos ranged from the rather lowly 500 to the very nice 3000 and values vary accordingly. Local markets are also quite different, so it's hard to put a realistic value on it from where I'm sitting.

Your pictures suggest it is a lower to mid tier bike. The rear mech is a cheapish 980, by the looks of it, the Modolo brakes are similar to the ones on my wife's Benotto 500 and the Shimano chainset isn't doing it any favours either. 100-200 pounds, would be my guess.

Allen key brakes and under BB guides are usually a later build? Have Argos any pics of the frame before they painted it. Any Benotto engraving on the frame ?

And the good news is that even lower end Benottos are nice rides and look pretty sharp. Here's a detail shot of the 500 seat cluster:

1k0.jpg

Back