Picture hosting

stevevw

Retro Guru
I am more than abit out of touch,where do people put their pictures thesedays? Most of mine where on photobucket and some on Fliker or whatever it was called. What do I use now?

Still use a paid for account with Photobucket. Its OK, but throws up glitches from time to time.

I use Flickr and find it really good. I too have a photobucket account but it is the free one.
I have access to my old photos on photobucket now, after they were holding them hostage for a while looking for a payment. I sent them several emails detailing what I thought of their hostage tactics and questioned the legality of it. I imagine many others did as well and I imagine someone did take them legally to task as soon enough I had access but wouldn't buy their product. It is way over priced for what you get and the service compared to Flickr is well behind on all fronts.
I signed up for the paid service to Flickr which isn't much really, about $30 US a year for the pro account, which basically gives you the unlimited storage and hosting as well as tons of other products and services. I was just over the new limit so needed to do something about it and for what I get from Flickr and the amount I use it I don't begrudge paying for it.Flickr was sold earlier last year and it was obvious that some sort of charge may come into it but the free service is available up to a certain point which from memory is something like a thousand photos or the like. The RBotM is run through a RBotM free Flickr account.
There is a few other hosts that are free such as Google, etc.

Jamie

Back