Photographs and a feature on Orbea and Basque Country

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've just found an old feature I wrote after a visit to the Basque Country and Orbea Bicycles.

A factory as full of history as the towns around it have witnessed, it was an eye opener of a factory visit but also a very different geography to my couple of previous trips to Spain for training camps and Vuelta stages.

Anyway, here are a few images from the feature that was undertaken for an American magazine perhaps five years ago.

If you feel like a read at some point (and I don't mean to deter you from your RB perusal!) there's a link here:
http://www.augustusfarmer.com/orbea/

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• rbO24.jpg
    rbO24.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 411
  • rbnO2.jpg
    rbnO2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 411
  • rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea17.jpg
    rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea17.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 411
  • Augustus_Farmer_Orbea07.jpg
    Augustus_Farmer_Orbea07.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 411
  • rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea03.jpg
    rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea03.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 411
  • rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea05.jpg
    rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea05.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 411
  • rbo7b.jpg
    rbo7b.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 411
  • rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea02.jpg
    rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea02.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 411
Re:

and a few more...

Attachments

• rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea13.jpg
    rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea13.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 410
  • rbO4.jpg
    rbO4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 410
  • rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea15.jpg
    rbAugustus_Farmer_Orbea15.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 410
  • rbO14.jpg
    rbO14.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 410
Re:

I'm really enjoying these photographs you're posting...the look into these shops and such. Loving the black/white images especially. I've always been one to do more of it than color myself.

Re: Re:

cchaven":1ulk8bq9 said:
I'm really enjoying these photographs you're posting.
yeh, i'll second that. You certainly get around. You either have influential friends or a job to die for

Re: Re:

pigman":2vys8gd0 said:
cchaven":2vys8gd0 said:
I'm really enjoying these photographs you're posting.
yeh, i'll second that. You certainly get around. You either have influential friends or a job to die for

Bless you both. Kind words indeed, thanks you.

I did have a job particularly good for me, editorial and cycling photographer and sometimes writer. I'm fortunate enough to have some great clients and dear friends in cycling. It's a friendly family to work in. :)

More factory visits to follow I am sure, although i try and bag any retro relevant snaps usually, that's less and less possible generally.

:cool:

Re:

Sweet!

I contacted them a few years back trying to pin down a year on an old Cabestany I had found locally. They helped as best they could while admitting to not having the best records from that era. Did give link to a treasure trove of Orbea catalogs.

This is the Orbea, mid 80s is the best I've got.

164433305.jpg

Back