Another frame for identification

colnagokid

Retro Guru
Recently acquired from north of England:
Touring frame with lamp boss on front drive side fork; 126mm rear drops; 531st tubing;Campagnolo dropouts;really well built with good chrome & touring fitments....

Faint remains of "G.Harrison" decals on down tubes & "GH" on head tube....has "531" stamped on edge of bottom bracket together with a long frame number (or possibly a phone number) stamped between the cable tunnels...

Modern canti brakes& bolts don't fit the threads on the brake posts so I'm thinking may need MAFAC type brakes?
Possibly late 70's/early 80's period?

Anyone know of a shop or builder called Harrison or could it be the name of the original rider or buyer who had his name customised onto the frame?
Grateful for any info or advice

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 318
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 316
Wasn't there a shop in Manchester called Harrisons? Or am I getting mixed up with something else!

Old Ned":3gri2o3f said:
Wasn't there a shop in Manchester called Harrisons? Or am I getting mixed up with something else!

The name 'Jim' has sprung to mind.

The game's afoot.....
Harrison's Manchester burnt down in the Mosside riots 1981......

1 or 2 pictures of Jim Harrison frames on web.....

Yeah, the fork rake is rather too short for much built before the 80s - the under bracket cable guides point to early/mid 80s too. The phone number bb stamping is probably part of a police anti-theft campaign, though they tended to favour post codes and house numbers. A phone number would have been more sensible though.

Back