What Campag headset

flash

Retrobike Rider
Hi, I need to start this build, what Campag headset should I be on the lookout for. 1976, ideally alloy. I'm easily confused.....ta

Only alloy campag headset at the time was SR Strada and Pista, lots of bikes like that would have been built for a low stack height Pista.....

It depends on the stack height as to what you can use, is it a track / pursuit frame / lo- Pro ? Most of these were built for a low stack height.

Campag stuff from that era can be silly expensive, we also ran stuff from Suntour, Miche, Shimano, Edco, OMAS etc which can crop up cheaper,. Modern Tange stuff is pretty painless on the wallet :)

I have a Campag Pista chainset and Campag hubbed wheels I’ve got put aside. Plus it took 15 years to find a curved tube Jack Taylor frame in my size, so I’m OK with paying what I have to, as long as I buy the right one.....

OK :). If its alloy and campag then it's Super Record in Pista or Strada. Don't get fooled into buying a Campag alligerrita as I think they are steel. I might have spelt it wrong though lol

Latest posts

Back