RBotM February 2019 - Theme = Winter Frame Project Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

roadking":3huejt4j said:
Yet another RbotM deviates...Winter Frame Project Month !!!

Key word - Frame.

Rk.

I agree, what's the point in having themed months if we're not going to stick to the theme....

Re:

OK - here's a couple of photos prior to starting - frankly I should have posted these first - but a frame is a frame whether there are parts fixed to it or not. My apologies for the wheels - I don't have a work stand so always work with wheels on.

Here's my latest project, bought just before Xmas. Early / mid 90's Piton Bi-tube made with Dedacciai Zerouno. I dropped on a similar aged donor Gazelle with full Campag Athena groupset - now just need pedals, bar tape and I'm just waiting for the decals to arrive. Should be ready for Spring. It's not perfect but wanted to ride it first to see if it's a keeper.

Sorry mods for wasting some of your time.

Attachments

• PC300005.JPG
    PC300005.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 4,981
  • PC300018.JPG
    PC300018.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 4,981

PeachyPM":2tdgbhx4 said:
roadking":2tdgbhx4 said:
Yet another RbotM deviates...Winter Frame Project Month !!!

Key word - Frame.

Rk.

I agree, what's the point in having themed months if we're not going to stick to the theme....

Looks like you're gonna have to lose the forks mate! :roll: :D :D

Re:

Hi Spitball, I must admit when I bought the frame / forks (both carry same frame number - so must be original) I thought the height difference was a bit a odd - however, I solved it by adding a spacer, as I didn't want cut them down and have to re-thread - see page 2.

BretonDave":flg8sryc said:
Hi Spitball, I must admit when I bought the frame / forks (both carry same frame number - so must be original) I thought the height difference was a bit a odd - however, I solved it by adding a spacer, as I didn't want cut them down and have to re-thread - see page 2.

:facepalm: I think spitball was referring to the fact the other entries are technically “frame-sets” as we all have forks in.
Not that it really matters, Jamie runs the show and he does it with a pretty light, easy going steerage. So I guess they will all go in and it’ll be down to the voters as its all just for fun.
I just think we may as well bin the idea of themes if we all don’t go along with the spirit of them, as per the first three entries. I.e. obviously unbuilt frames sets that had been worked on this winter. ;)

Really not having a go, just pointing out we will likley be having at least 6 regular open entry months this year. :|

Re:

Themes are a good idea, adds interest. However if a number of so-called members continue to childishly ignore the theme of month then that's another nail in the RetroBike coffin.

Another month I'll now not take part in.

Rk.

Hi all
As long as it is a project and it is based on a frame then I suppose it's in. I suppose if it has been finished over the winter then it was still a project in the winter?? I knew this year the same as last, that this could raise some different interpretations of what was in the spirit of the competition.
Most people get the 'idea' of where I am starting from with the themes but it is a competition for all so even the original idea in my head is not the only idea that may come of putting a sentence or two to describe what is a very loose theme title.
I think in the interest of fairness and as long as an entry is not blatantly outside the 'idea' and falls within someone's interpretation of the theme then let it be and if it doesn't sit well with you then just don't vote for it. Please don't let it stop you entering though as we need all the support we can get.
I will endeavour for the upcoming themes to be a lot more specific and detailed in what is allowed and what isn't and then enforce the rules. As has been said though it is meant to be good natured and that is not just in peoples comments but also in whether or not something should be entered.
I will say that this is something that doesn't usually become an issue, it does really just seem to be the ones that are a bit less specific on rules and more open to interpretation.

Jamie

Re:

I will throw my hat in the ring aswell.

First time, so be gentle :D

90s Nishiki road frame. Bit of a mystery to me, the only thing I know is that it was sold by one of the biggest retailer in Germany (Rose Bikes). Aero downtube, a "team" decal on it, steel frame with alloy fork.

Plan is to build it with a 9-Speed Campagnolo Veloce groupset which I have in my parts bin.

e7wwAig.jpg

Ua3lCLi.jpg

Ignore my messy man cave :D

Re:

Here it is cheap as chips but worth the effort Raleigh Routier 10. A good learning bike for the next generation of frame restorers to work on. First photo is what we hope it will finish up looking like.

Attachments

• 1773E73A-1793-47C3-87C8-91BE4E08D472.jpeg
    1773E73A-1793-47C3-87C8-91BE4E08D472.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 4,928
  • 3EB64824-E55A-419C-8315-050D00A2A1A8.jpeg
    3EB64824-E55A-419C-8315-050D00A2A1A8.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 4,928
Re:

This winter project, ready to start. Motobecane C3 from 1977. Sorry for the poor quality of the picture. But it is the project being judged, not the picture itself. :cool:
img_20181028_161800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back