Guess the frame

Jimny14

Dirt Disciple
This is a bike for sale currently which the seller thinks is a specialized. I'm not convinced but if anyone has any thoughts I'd be interested. I've got as far as touring frame possibly 80s but if so then the chain set isn't original. Also anyone recognise the number on the bottom bracket?

Total bitsa!
Looks like a late 1970s-early 80s frame. The light bracket on the right of the fork says British. And it's a tourer not a racer with those canti and rack bosses. Judging from the big gap to the rear brake bridge it might have started life as a 27" (630 ETRTO) frame, not 700c.

The wheels are a mess and unmatched too.

Worth its value as transport only in my view, the frame might be a diamond in the rough tourer...what's under the Hammerite paint job?

Re:

As it looks like it's had a Respray at some point are the forks original? I wouldn't be surprised if it's forks and bars are from a different bike, then frame separate with a more modern drive train stuck on built up as a commuter/pub bike. Do you recognise the frame number at all? I might wait for him to keep dropping the price as it doesn't sell (already dropped it once) and take a punt on it if he'll let it go for not much.

Back