Seized Brake Cable - HELP!

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone have any suggestions how to get this brake cable out of my old Cobalto lever? I've submerged it in Plusgas for days now and it still won't come out in spite of lots of twisting, turning and pushing with the needle nosed pliars!! I used copper grease when I assembled it but that's several years ago now.

:|

Re:

Funny you mentioned that as it had crossed my mind, but I was a bit feart to chop the cable to it's base and be left with nothing to grab at all!

:shock:

Re:

Hammer and screwdriver (like a punch) but the SD tip will fit in the slot so you can tap the head

As per "Pigmans" advice also on the cable you are refitting (Please new) make sure & clean up as required the cast nipple as thre is often flash that "squidges" into the pivot slot jamming the nipple if you can rotate the inner wire in the fitting easily before full assembly

That's a good point - I've often noticed those little extra bits from the casting protruding from the nipple but never thought that they'd cause any grief - I'll be suitably paranoid about ALL cables in future!!!

:shock:

:LOL:

Back