Retro 31.6mm Seat Post Options?

Rich-Ti

Dirt Disciple
I’ve just picked up this Klein Quantum II ‘by accident’ (bought it as a commuter hack, but it turned out to be a bit of a ‘barn find’ once I’d cleaned it up):

45871896375_13f8072864_c.jpg

It’s seemingly completely original and totally immaculate, so now I want to put it to better use than I originally planned (hence the fresh rubber and bar tape).

I want to refresh the saddle for something like an original Flite, Turbo or Rolls; and I think I’m going to need a layback post in doing so - but I can’t seem to find much in the way of the 31.6mm that the bike needs.

Any ideas?

Kalloy Uno has about 25mm setback and the crappy Kalloy logo comes off with a bit of acetone. Otherwise, Easton EC90 carbon post would look at home IMO. Did Corima do those blades carbon posts that look really cool but are wildly expensive?

Re: Re:

jm":1wezwckz said:
31.6 is quite common on modern bikes. I use Deda on two of mine in black and polished.
I’m well aware of that - I came here to ask because I thought I’d get some good advice on retro options! :roll: :LOL:

I’ve found some reasonable options on eBay (ControlTech) with matching stems too, so that might be the go...

Lovely bike, wish I could find a barn with one in! But do you need a layback seatpost with that length of stem? I would have thought that a Ritchey one would be in period for early/mid 90's which is when I got my Ritchey 'bars etc.

Old Ned":3ndpw5ez said:
Lovely bike, wish I could find a barn with one in! But do you need a layback seatpost with that length of stem?
Stem is being switched out for a 110mm - the 150mm was just what was on there when I picked it up.

Besides which, with regard to bike fit, saddle position should determine bar position - and therefore stem length - not the other way around.

Rich-Ti":21xvtvx7 said:
Old Ned":21xvtvx7 said:
Lovely bike, wish I could find a barn with one in! But do you need a layback seatpost with that length of stem?
Stem is being switched out for a 110mm - the 150mm was just what was on there when I picked it up.

Besides which, with regard to bike fit, saddle position should determine bar position - and therefore stem length - not the other way around.

Very true, the long stem must have been used by someone with very long arms!

Back