RBotM January 2019 - Open Month - Enter Now!! now...now...n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
shogun":y380emka said:
I'll bite

1993 Rossin Performance, Lotus-Festina look.

That's beautiful. But please put that chain in a decent position, you're overstretching that poor rear derailleur. :facepalm:

As it's an open month I thought I'd put forward a mongrel that is the Paint Your Wagon special.

I have absolutely no idea what this frame is and put this bike together from parts, paint and decals I had to hand at the time solely for the purpose of painting a frame for the basic tutorial thread I started about frame painting with rattle cans.

So build (sort of) and paint thread here

Aside from no thought going into the actual build whatsoever and the whole bike owing me no more that £85 including the paint, what I can say is it's a really lovely thing to ride and having now put a good few miles on it I'll be putting a good few more on it this year.

The pictures below were taken just before I set off on a group ride along the coast just before new year and the state it came home in after 30 odd miles through the lanes of Kent. The joke on the day bandied about in the group being I don't wash my bikes I just build a new one when one gets dirty, this one rest assured did get a good wash and a polish before it went back into the garage.

Attachments

• pyw-02.jpg
    pyw-02.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 4,923
  • pyw-01.jpg
    pyw-01.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 4,923
For "Bitsa Special" it came out looking rather good.....

It's an open month, it's cyclocross time,... so why not throw in my neo retro CX bike?

Wim VDD's neo retro 1985 Alan Competition.

Attachments

• finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 4,897
WimVDD":2ehdrx4j said:
shogun":2ehdrx4j said:
I'll bite

1993 Rossin Performance, Lotus-Festina look.

That's beautiful. But please put that chain in a decent position, you're overstretching that poor rear derailleur. :facepalm:

That's in 'just removed from the car' position, in the big/big to keep the chain tight. I seldom use that gear, don't panic :D

What's the consensus? am I allowed by the cognoscenti to enter a retromod? 80s frame, modernish parts

Re:

Hi all
as its an open month, I'll go all retromod. This is a late 80s Rourke with 11 speed Campag Record, Ritchey Classic finishing kit and topped off with a Brooks swallow in red from the 2012 limited to celebrate the London Olympics. Ive just acquired a new set of wheels to be fitted: Royce Venus hubs with Velo Orange polished alloy rims. It is s beautiful ride

Attachments

• IMG_7224.jpg
    IMG_7224.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 4,784
  • IMG_7223.jpg
    IMG_7223.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 4,784
Now that’s a pricey saddle!!!! On a great bike mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back