L'Eroica Britannia 2019

Apple Tree

GT Fan
Anyone know what is happening with this event next year ?

By now I have usually had several e-mails and have booked my ride and camping. So far nothing. Websites and Facebook seem to have stopped with the 2018 event and the main Eroica website says of Britannia "to be announced" when other rides around the world all have their dates listed.

Is it still on ?

All very quiet. Been a few resignations so I heard. Maybe taking a break from it myself this year and thinking of Velo Retro in Ulverston instead.

I've asked several time on their face book page about it and have had no responses at all.

I heard a rumour that they only had 5 year deal with the owners of the main brand, if that's the case then 2018 was the 5th year. Also heard that the main brand didn't like how commercial it had got.

All I know is that they haven't said any thing and that by now I have usually put my name down.

Might look at the one in the lake district instead.

Spokesmann":1lco2emn said:
All very quiet. Been a few resignations so I heard. Maybe taking a break from it myself this year and thinking of Velo Retro in Ulverston instead.

I agree L' Eroica no info re 2019.

I hope to be in Ulverston as well, give the restored 1974 Carlton Cobra a run out of retirement in its old stomping ground.

Lackluster":11wqjmiy said:
Spokesmann":11wqjmiy said:

I agree L' Eroica no info re 2019.

I hope to be in Ulverston as well, give the restored 1974 Carlton Cobra a run out of retirement in its old stomping ground.

I've never attended one these before, what happens at these events? is it all hardcore but vintage riding or do any them do a family friendly run?

It is more about the retro atmosphere for the weekend. The ride on the Sunday can be as difficult or laid back as you wish. Velo-Retro in Ulverston, Lake District have a family ride, see here:

https://sportivelakes.co.uk/velo-retro/

I have booked myself in here. Just waiting to hear what the camping arrangements are.

Re:

That looks good. Any restrictions on bikes, eg clipless pedals, concealed cables etc?

The only reference I can find is on the Retro Rendezvous site which says "Take A Ride Back in Time! Your bike should be steel, no fancy index gears, and no clip in pedals."

https://retrorendezvous.co.uk/featuring

I doubt there are any serious checks but you may feel a bit out of place if you turn up on full carbon ! Most of these events are self regulating. The weekend and the ride are all retro so best to fit in with the vibe.

Re:

No, I wouldn't turn up on carbon with STIs etc, but would have indexed downtube levers, look deltas/maybe spd's and concealed cables

I did the Velo retro ride last year and as the rides are fairly open all bikes are welcome. The scenery and views are amazing I may be a tad bias but the statement is true there where plenty of food stops along the way and the route was fairly well marked. It's probably a long drive for a lot of you but its worth it.

Back