Carton Pro Am 12 dilemma

markiemark

Retro Newbie
Afternoon all, as a newbie I was wondering if you could help......Once again I have rolled out my old Carlton Pro Am 12 and given it a clean and again been left wondering what to do with it.....I bought it new back in the 80's as part of an insurance claim after being knocked off in front of a policeman on a roundabout in Bury St Edmunds....I never ride it and mechanically its proper sorted and original ...the paint has some marks but not badly for an old one......so I pose two questions....how can i tell what frame size it is (WK 9005676) ...what points do I measure? and what would it be worth if I sold it.....its really not all about the dosh, as I would love someone to want it for a winter restoration project...I will post a picture...lots more photos available.....anyway...look forward to hearing back :D

Attachments

• IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 492
Re: frame size

Hi Mark, frame size is measured from the centre of the crank to the top of the seat tube. Most will also be interested in the length of the top tube measured from the centre of the seat post to the centre of the head tube. Cheers Bill

I would say value is between £75 and £150 the way the market is at the moment , such a big frame can be good or bad just depends how many tall people want a bike .

Looks a nice one by the way

Many thanks to all above.....The date fits nicely with when i bought it and just been busy with a tape measure and looks like the 25 1/2 inch frame with a 22 1/2 inch top tube...valuation feels about right for me too..so thanks all....had a local firm quote £75 for a frame powder coat...so just maybe for less than £100 I might get myself a new look bike to keep fit with when the weather improves...or sell...lol...hence my dilemma

markiemark":1ha4dwu2 said:
Many thanks to all above.....The date fits nicely with when i bought it and just been busy with a tape measure and looks like the 25 1/2 inch frame with a 22 1/2 inch top tube...valuation feels about right for me too..so thanks all....had a local firm quote £75 for a frame powder coat...so just maybe for less than £100 I might get myself a new look bike to keep fit with when the weather improves...or sell...lol...hence my dilemma

Why not just leave as is and keep it original ?

Probably makes more sense biggs682....all it really needs is a new tyre on the back :) Will try and get out on it on a dry warm day soon and remind myself how it feels

Re:

If you need a buyer I may be interested....at 6ft 2" with long legs I reckon that'd fit me a treat (and I've wanted a ProAm for a while).

Got any more pics?

Back