Remember your first 3 bikes? Then post some photos & history

Re: Can you remember your first three bikes?

Chopper 1973
Falcon 5 speed 1975/6
Handbuilt frame orange with falcon decals that had been sprayed at Rourkes 1979

Chopper 1973
Falcon 5 speed 1975/6
Handbuilt frame orange with falcon decals that had been sprayed at Rourkes 1979

Re:

Some blue bike with 16" white tyres, given to me by a mate who was a couple of years older. Proud to say I never had stabilisers, but the rod brakes didn't work and I ended up just missing a lorry head on and hitting the kerb. Truck driver was in shock, I couldn't see what the fuss was about and all the neighbours came out to look

second bike was a Raleigh rodeo. 20" wheels, white tyres, red frame and blue mudguards and proper cabled brakes. Dad bought it in a scrappy state from a second hand junk shop and I remember he and mum cleaning it and it looked new when they had done. Me and bro continued to ride this as a teenager on the back lawn, bmx style till I passed it on

third bike was a Hercules roadster with 3 speed SA. This bike got me into cycling and I put drops and a narrower saddle on it and started riding with ctc about age 14. I can remember being jealous of a mate who had a chopper while I had this "no-cred" machine ... till we hit the hills and the chopper was a donkey

Re:

Judging from some comments I've read on this forum, some folk can't even accurately remember the bikes they've got right now. :)

I can remember my first three... (maybe because I've yet to get beyond my second three.) I even know the dates that I got 'em, the first one in 1966. That's the only non-secondhand bike I've ever had. 16" wheels, rod brakes, solid tyres.. and stabilisers... for a while..

1st: Old BSA 24" wheel rod braked bike, in black and rust. Handed Down from my brother and a cousin and a few other kids I suspect.
2nd: Triumph Palm Beach( I think PB anyway, we're talking 1970 here...), Sturmey 3speed, blue with yellow Bluemels mudguards Loved it
3rd: After we moved to South Africa, my first new bike, a "Panther" with Sturmey 3speed
4th: Bright red nearly new Carlton Ten (South African spec) with Simplex gears. The bike I started my racing career on

Think I can actually remember every bike going back to the '60s across 3 continents...

Did you manage to move any with you are were they all left behind?
BTW the lists are more fun with photos.... even if they are screen grabs from internet :D

Smithjss70":1uq8wt3n said:
1) 88 Nishiki Cascade
2) 92 Trek 9500
2) 93 GT Zaskar LE

Pictures?

PeachyPM":19fh1uhq said:
Smithjss70" said:
1) 88 Nishiki Cascade
2) 92 Trek 9500
2) 93 GT Zaskar LE

Pictures?
[/quote][/quote]

Are you kidding? They would have been poloraids.

Here is a link to the actual Trek viewtopic.php?f=6&t=315793&hilit=trek+9500

and to a later Zaskar that I've built. Not the 93' but I do still have the Trek and 94' GT. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47997&p=2654676&hilit=zaskar+le#p2654676

No dice on the Nishiki.

Re:

Some three wheeled trike about 3rd hand 'painted' in red Dulux gloss
Puch mini sprint
peugeot J8 L

then Tom Bromwich 531 1980ish I think

Back