RBoTM October 2018 - Theme: 1980 - 1999 Enter Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me post one of the first vintage bikes I bought: a 1992 (or '93) Carrera built by Podium. The guy I bought it from used to compete amateur races with it back in the early nineties and had it built with a C Record groupset. But after his competition years, this became a "spare bike" and used parts got replaced by cheaper equivalents (Veloce and other lower end stuff).

I replaced those "cheaper" parts by C Record components and scored some nice gadgets for my (sunny) sunday rides.

Specs:

frame: Carrera by Podium (Columbus EL OS tubing)
Forks: Columbus
Brifters, calipers, derailleurs, crankset, BB, headset, cassette: Campagnolo C Record 8 speed
Seatpost: Campa C Record
Saddle: San Marco Rolls
Bars and stem: Cinelli
Wheels: Mavic Sup on C Record
Pedals: shimano SPD (as the Carrera shoes only take SPD cleats...)

This is how it looks now:

Attachments

• 2018_10_08.jpg
    2018_10_08.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 5,556
  • Carrera shoes_LR.jpg
    Carrera shoes_LR.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 5,556
Re:Brazzo

Brazzo by 'Vanni' Losa

Milan frame builder who built the Supercorsa frames for Cinelli, also built for Tunesi, Bellini, Magni PEP, Turri, Pavarin among others.
'V' cutouts in lugs and BB shel.
This is fitted with ( from new ) Ofmega Master groupset, Cinelli bars and stem.

Attachments

• nuovo record - 1.jpg
    nuovo record - 1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 5,482
  • nuovo record - 2.jpg
    nuovo record - 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 5,482
Ooh looks like it's hotting up, lots and lots of shininess to drool over this month.

Re: Pegoretti 1992/93

Hi,

I thought I'd add my Pegoretti that I recently built up. Dario told me that he built this frame in 1992/93 for a semi pro team in Verona called Riboli Val D'Ilasi. Dario told me he built a number of similar frames for this team. Built from top of the range French Excell tubing which he used on alot of the pro's frames back in the 1990's. I built it up with 3rd generation Campag C Record. Rides wonderfully! Enjoy!

Note: Dario didn't officially put his name on his frames until 1997 as he was a contract builder for many top companies. So this is quite a rare frame with his name on.

Toby

Attachments

• 20180803_144156_resized.jpg
    20180803_144156_resized.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 5,439
  • 20180825_131102_resized.jpg
    20180825_131102_resized.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 5,441
A great line up so far definitely going to be some hard decisions made at the end of the month as only 1 vote per member.
Hopefully there's a lot more still to come.
Thanks to everyone so far.

Jamie

So by my count, that’s 10, drawing from 5 countries; 1 Japanese, 1 Dutch, 2 British, 2 French & 4 Italian..... surely there’s a tidy German like a kalkhoff out there somewhere?

PeachyPM":2ukp1um9 said:
So by my count, that’s 10, drawing from 5 countries; 1 Japanese, 1 Dutch, 2 British, 2 French & 4 Italian..... surely there’s a tidy German like a kalkhoff out there somewhere?
nah, how about an Aussie bike!
Not one of the the big brand names
sideon by philip.knight, on Flickr
from riders position by philip.knight, on Flickr
Designed by and built in 1987 for the rider whose name is on the top tube.
Built in Adelaide, Australia with the paintwork and hand painted names being done in a garage in the suburb where I live.
Bob used this bike to win an Australian Masters Championship. His mission accomplished.
More about Bob's Vinco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back