Ellis Briggs Frame Number Thread

dirttorpedo

Senior Retro Guru
Ok, I've contacted Ellis Briggs with the frame number of my new acquisition a number of times to ask about the vintage of my bike to no avail. So I'm starting this thread in the hopes that I can get a better idea of when my frame set was manufactured.

My bike was resprayed in the 80's locally and had new decals applied.
I am told it was orange and black originally. Some members have suggested this is a Favori. The frame no. is 4978 which I believe places its manufacture somewhere in the early to mid 70's.

Attachments

• Ellis Briggs 25% size image.jpg
    Ellis Briggs 25% size image.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 586
At the old shop they had all the records as I found out with my Favori when I checked it out some years ago. They told me who bought it, when it was built, angles, tubing, lugs etc. So what has happened to all this info?

Re:

Old Ned":2pmvxq3u said:
At the old shop they had all the records as I found out with my Favori when I checked it out some years ago. They told me who bought it, when it was built, angles, tubing, lugs etc. So what has happened to all this info?

Dunno. Maybe the new owners don't care to respond to emails from overseas where there is no financial benefit to the company.

Re:

I'm fairly sure they still have the order books and info. They emailed me a scan of the order for my frame pretty promptly last year. But I'm not the person I dealt with originally (Elana) is still there. Because after i dropped off my frame for a respray the communication wasn't great.

If you can, it might be worth phoning them (emails are easily forgotten) or posting a request on their Facebook page.

Back