1983 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna Red * ultra rare find *

fguki

Senior Retro Guru
[Update March 2021]: ...its about time that I ressurect my thread about the Cinelli Supercorsa donna! Will re-add pictures now! Enjoy!

Hey guys!

Last week, I recieved my ultra rare 1983 CINELLI Supercorsa Donna. I thought I`d share my latest treasure with you and open up another build thread. I shot this beauty at eBay after a very long search for a real gem for the ladies. Either Pinarello or Cinelli.

I found out, that Supercorsa Donnas are very very rare finds. Today I learnt from a fellow in a vintage Roadbike group, that there have only 50 ever been made - not sure yet, if I shall believe it or not! I wrote an E-mail to Cinelli directly to collect as much information as possible. But enough for tonight - now lets see some pics!

Found & received it like this (see below). Collected some information about the stem and other parts. Took everything off I don`t need or will have replaced. Very happy about the original CINELLI Priest handlebar (1st generation). Attached some parts I had laying around like a Camapgnolo Borraccia bottle, Super record Pedals & CINELLI VIP suede saddle. I left the crankset and the Levers on the bike. They will be sold too and the bike will be build up with complete 1980-1983 Campagnolo Super Record group, black cables, black CINELLI pedal straps + black suede handlebar wrapping (stitched):

[update March 2021]: ...the Borraccia bottle is gone! Was too modern of course. It now has a period correct early 80s Cinelli bottle!

Here are the very original seller-pictures (and one official Cinelli catalogue pic) from the eBay auction I won in Summer 2018:

1983 cinelli supercorsa donna classic vintage retro road bike build thread by falko schloetel ...jpg

1983 cinelli supercorsa donna classic vintage retro road bike build thread by falko schloetel ...jpg

Last edited:
Stunning! I think that looks better than the men's equivalent SC.

I'm after something similar, an Italian framed Donna, mid to late 80s steel framed-must be Italian. I have a 6/7 speed Campagnolo Chorus groupset ready to go on it. Do you have any tips where I might look outside of ebay?

Thank you Fifthgrace

I only look at regular eBay (mostly European and worldwide) and our german classifieds of eBays for my personal list (Cinelli, Pinarello and Campa parts). About 3-7 times a day for newly listed stuff. You may check out the US craigslist as well.

Took off old parts and started the suede leather handle bar work ...

1983 cinelli supercorsa donna classic vintage retro road bike build thread by falko schloetel ...JPG

1983 cinelli supercorsa donna classic vintage retro road bike build thread by falko schloetel ...JPG

Last edited:
Finally, today I got around to continue on the Cinelli Supercorsa Donna. New suede on the old saddle. Gave her the vintage Continental GrandPrix tires, a beautiful suede bar tape kit made by Velobiz and some Campy Super Record group parts such as crankset, levers and rear + front derailleur. Check it out!

That build looks excellent & yes you have a rare beauty there :)

Hey guys!

This beauty is almost finished. As you know, I originally bought a beautiful black vintage CINELLI Unicanitor suede leather saddle for the Donna (seen above). But somehow it would not look right. I guess a male saddle on the Lady donna is not the best choice. So I just took the old one (vintage Selle italia Lady saddle) and found a beautiful black piece of high quality real suede and worked on it myself. It turned out great!

Did some cable and housing work today and put on the 26,4mm Campagnolo Super Record seatpost. Waiting for the flexible Campa Super Record rear derailleur Cable housing now ...

A stunning bike, never seen one before and certainly better looking than my Advantage Pro. Are you leaving the paint as is or looking to repaint?

Re:

I have never seen that frame in person, I knew they existed but there may be only a handful of them.

Clean the chrome with kitchen foil&WD40 :D

Back