RBotM Aug 2018 - Theme = 1960 - 1979 !!! Nominations Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real fancy lug work Bagpuss :LOL:
Hey Jamie, are there enough Carlton’s now for a marquee themed month?

There are more than enough Carltons for their own month but that will come at some point, it's very hard with marquees as there are so many that it would be hard to draw the line, but maybe there is a way. Leave it with me for now.

Jamie

PeachyPM said:
Real fancy lug work Bagpuss

I bought it back in 2007 as a complete bike, by then it had already been resprayed. All the original chrome had been saved ,the lugs must of took a bit of masking off.
Rebuilt by me .There is no thread as it was to be another year before I found,joined retrobike.

Re:

Thank you Andy.
It was blue when I purchased it as a complete bike back in 2007 all mostly none period parts. It needed a tidy up however and a paint job at Mercians followed and the interesting quest for component to suite my purpose ie Derbyshires hills .

I'm still trying to work out what the collective noun for a bunch of beautiful Carltons is?

Either way there's some absolute stunners and a very strong field this month, just when I think I know where my vote is going another very shiny thing arrives and distracts my magpie eye.

Re:

A super Carlton International Bagpuss. Shows how resilient the Carlton’s were both as touring bikes and road racing bikes. Good to see all bikes not just Carlton’s being so lovingly maintained and still used after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back