Weights of your Steel bikes ?

I weighed the 60's Falcon I've just put together and that comes in at 11.4Kg with all period kit on it.

I have a Raleigh Panasonic in 501 tubing that weight just 10.5kg and a Peugeot PF10 with Vitus 172 tubing that weight just under the 10kg

Re:

I weighed the bike without the saddle, cables and tape and its around 8.7 kgs so it hopefully with end up around 10 kgs.

Re:

I have a Briton Racing Bike (no idea what it is really apart from name on bike), 531Competition frame/forks circa '89/90, that I built up with mainly Ultegra 6500 groupset, 6600 hubbed/Mavic rims wheels. Cranks are triple rings and the rear mech is long-cage, with a 32 tooth 9-speed cassette. San Marco Rolls saddle, no-name alloy seat post. Bare frame weighed 1837grm, forks 622grms, but built it with a Kinesis alloy fork that weighs 522grms. It's just under 10kgs for a 50cm frame.
In comparison I also have a 2001 Cannondale 3000si I built up from bare frame/carbon fork with 10 speed Ultegra with long-cage mech and compact 6600 cranks, Coda hubbed wheels with Mavic rims, carbon seat post, Selle Italia TurboMatic with titanium rails. It's just under 8.6kgs, again a 50cm frame.

As much as I like riding the Cannondale, feels fast for my auld legs, I much prefer riding the 531Competition steel framed bike, although a bit heavier it's way more comfortable on the road.

Re:

Colnago Super Piu in Tange Ultralight, Retromod with Record-9spd, Vento 3g wheels, Deltas. 8.6Kg

Carlton Pro Mkv Campag 9spd triple, Fulcrom 7s, tool bag, pump, rear light etc, bang on 11Kg (so just under 10 I guess "bare")

Both 58cm c-c, both a joy to ride, Colnago is summer bike, Carlton is my "new" training bike / reasonable weather commuter

I don't need to attach weights to mine. What a silly question.

Would 25 inches skew the table?

As it is holiday time I’ve found the luggage scales.

My 58cm 531c framed bike is bob-on 10Kg with 36 spoke Mavic MA2 wheels. With carbon Shimano RS wheels which have tubeless tyres and largely manage without spokes it is 600g less. Either way it is geared by Shimano 105 10-speed. The bare frame is 2.0Kg.

From memory the Team Pro is 10.0Kg but its very heavy Brooks Professional saddle balances its lighter 6-speed drivetrain and 200g lighter 753 frame.

I also weighed my 6-speed Brompton (12.5Kg) but didn’t have time for the rest of the fleet.

Back