RBotM Aug 2018 - Theme = 1960 - 1979 !!! Nominations Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allenh's 1976 Holdsworth Autograph

As I've got one that fits in this remit I'd better enter it.

This is a 1976 Holdsworth Autograph that I restored last year. This model was only available for 1 or possibly 2 years and as far as I can see only appears in the 1976 catalogue. All subsequent Autographs were full 531 but with this earlier model it was the forks only that were 531. I don't know what the frame tubing is but it's a lovely old hector to ride so is something of a decent quality at least.

It's another of my own spray jobs and is in its original colours, there was a range of colours available but most I've seen are either all white or light metallic blue. You could buy them with individual decals for all the team riders on and this one was originally a Keith Lambert model but unfortunately Lloyds only do Les West decal sets. If I can get Keith's autograph Lloyds have said they will make me a correct set up for it so this one may well get re done in the future.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=386508

Attachments

• Holds old.JPG
    Holds old.JPG
    361.8 KB · Views: 831
  • Holdsworth.JPG
    Holdsworth.JPG
    415.5 KB · Views: 831
Nice work Allen, although you seem to have missed out on the secondary French theme unless those tubes are Prugnel? :p oh and watch out you don’t get shot for posting three photos :facepalm: :shock: :D :cool:

*EDIT* I ment Nervex (French) not Prugnel (Italian)! Sorry, the above was written on return from the pub! :oops:

Re:

Allen
That is a lovely entry.
You could maybe condense the description down to one paragraph or so but it doesn't matter too much. I would take away the third photo though as it isn't relevant to botm.
If you haven't already done it though, I would copy and paste the whole post as it is now and start a readers rides thread.
Jamie

Ok Jamie no problem.

3rd picture removed, description condensed and link to my post about it in readers road bikes added

Carlton Corsa, maybe 1973 (Was a "Ten" see build thread for the full details, including the sorry event on page 3! :cry: )

Before.....

After....

Build thread here, which includes a link to the ID thread.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=193995

I dont expect to win, :oops: , but we need more bikes entering.....

Dave.

I can see I need to have finished at least one of the two Carltons in my queue to fit in properly here. Sadly though I don't think either of mine are up to snuff compared to the ones on display here.

I think the choice this month might be a little difficult as well

Re:

Hi Allenh. It is good to see a few different Carlton’s but I for one do enjoy seeing and reading the links to all the other makes of period bikes submitted as well. All have an equal chance of winning to my untrained eyes. I think those responsible for the thread all deserve praise for what they do, so let’s hope more will submit bikes to the thread and make the voting even that bit more difficult.

Re:

This thread re kindled my interest some what in Vintage bikes . Yes it has been fading a little:shock: So to support the thread,
I have blown the dust of this and took some new pictures.
Carlton International 1963/4 Built as a touring frame,machine
url=https://flic.kr/p/2adjDyz]
44115339781_a0d5480437_z.jpg
[/url]Carlton International . Dated 1963/4 by rebalrid, on Flickr

Head stock lug work on Carlton International Circ 1963/4 by rebalrid, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back