Bike Brands to invest in

Yeeees, with the '600' from AMG and the modifications that the first generation 500SEC engine got to turn it into the 600AMG with longer stroke and extra cams and bits & bobs. The 560 engine was for the later cars with the 420 replacing the 380 and so on and so forth.

I'm sure the original SEC AMG versions even had a supercharger option.

Your 500E was the later engine from the then 'new' SL500 and S500.

So it would have been around 1984/5/6 with the 500 V8, a 5.4 V8 and the big 6.0V8, then the 560 engines came in for the updated W126 along with a better 500

On paper, yet to be good investments, unless you manage to bag a very low mileage model and some storage.

Ralph_the_Rohan":hhzpg75m said:
Apologies if this has been posted previously?

Seems that British Brands are not worth investing in....

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/7- ... d+Features

Good, more for people who appreciate them for what they are, not just an investment opportunity!

Steve.

And back to bikes......... :facepalm:

I spend way too much time & money on mine for.....wait for it....FUN!

I used to make fantastic bespoke “things” for a living, see my list on IMDB, now I have a monotonous job of mouse clicking and arguing over who pays for what and when…. Without my hands on hobbies I would go mad……

legrandefromage":jld4cyss said:
Investments in anything needs an educated eye on trends and availability.

Don't forget luck

I own two older BMW's, both cost me next to nothing and both are now as rare as hens teeth and worth considerably more than they owe me, part knowing which ones to buy but mostly luck.

That said the classic car market went absolutely mental a couple of years ago where no luck or know how was needed to get some surprisingly high prices and has now calmed down

PeachyPM":b8ucyt09 said:

I used to make fantastic bespoke “things” for a living, see my list on IMDB, now I have a monotonous job of mouse clicking and arguing over who pays for what and when…. Without my hands on hobbies I would go mad……
I can relate to that, I now have a job I do because it pays the bills and yep I spend way too much on my bikes but the pleasure I get back from this and other hobbies helps to maintain my sanity

I own both my knees and pretty much all of my spine. Over the years I've had all sorts of knees. Powerful ones, sports tourers, flexy wooden framed ones.......

One day I'll be able to afford a replacement.

I also have lots of packs of Top Trumps. Maybe I could lend out a few...............

The History Man":1xtb91xh said:
I also have lots of packs of Top Trumps. Maybe I could lend out a few...............

Ooh Top Trumps, a pack of Top Trumps and an Observers guide and that's Sunday afternoon sorted.

Re: Re:

lewisfoto":rkvp1g8l said:
That list is a bunch of hogwash, and I own five of the seven marques mentioned.
Well hello stranger. Good to see you back! :LOL:

Are we talking knees or cars or top trumps?

allenh":15xy8mvd said:
PeachyPM":15xy8mvd said:

I can relate to that, I now have a job I do because it pays the bills and yep I spend way too much on my bikes but the pleasure I get back from this and other hobbies helps to maintain my sanity
I am jack black.

Back