Frame identification help needed

Re:

I think the BB is a Sakae 36mmx24tpi but later I am gone check that.

If that is so it looks like it might be an Italian frame after all, as mdvineng says. Probably a Piazza!

Re: Re:

torqueless":3qosky6i said:

If that is so it looks like it might be an Italian frame after all, as mdvineng says. Probably a Piazza!

Oops yep, forgot about the fork ends and rear dropouts.

allenh":2qlssh96 said:
torqueless":2qlssh96 said:

Oops yep, forgot about the fork ends and rear dropouts.

Sorry don't understand what did you mean by " forgot about the fork ends and rear dropouts"

nunojoao":2x7x62lj said:
Sorry don't understand what did you mean by " forgot about the fork ends and rear dropouts"

Yes your frame which looks very similar to mine has different fork ends and it seems different threading of the bottom bracket.

nunojoao":28wgk68r said:
torqueless":28wgk68r said:
nunojoao- Do you know whether the bottom bracket threads on this frame are French (35mm x 1mm) thread?
Or Italian thread (36mm x 24tpi)? Or Swiss thread?

From Sheldon Brown:
"Some French bicycles, notably many Motobécane models, used Swiss thread bottom brackets.
These have the same thread and diameter as French, but use a left thread for the fixed cup."

The thread might be inscribed on the BB cups, if you still have them.

After I remove all the rust I saw that the BB is 35 mm x 1 mm.
For that reason it’s a french thread.

Re:

In that case, the question that occurs to me, is:
Would Piazza be making frames with French thread (and Nervor steerer, and RGF BB shell) for the French market, at a time when Campag. 'short' dropouts had been around for long enough to be copied by others? (say 1978 earliest?)

torqueless":2v77k3z4 said:
In that case, the question that occurs to me, is:
Would Piazza be making frames with French thread (and Nervor steerer, and RGF BB shell) for the French market, at a time when Campag. 'short' dropouts had been around for long enough to be copied by others? (say 1978 earliest?)

That is a good question. I am gone to research on the web and see what I get

nunojoao":9bptshxe said:
After I remove all the rust I saw that the BB is 35 mm x 1 mm.
For that reason it’s a french thread.
35 x 1 could also be Swiss, which would have a left-hand-threaded drive-side cup on bottom bracket. I mention this because I recently saw an eBay auction (from Poland) for a Mondia frame that had Piazza dropouts.

Back