Bike Brands to invest in

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":2becbuex said:
roadking":2becbuex said:
kermitgreenkona88":2becbuex said:
No surprises on that list, those have always been the brands (Italian and Dutch). Think Sports cars Italian and German carry more kudos than British....

On that advice I'd best sell my AM DB5 and buy a lovely BMW Z3.

rK.

Yes if you want to, but you would be stupid, if you sold your AM DB5 and Bought Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder that would be fine.

Sadly sold the DB5 to buy my first house, I've been slumming for years in a couple of classic Mercedes.

Rk.

Current Astons are more akin in build to a Mondeo over previous models.

And Aston will always beat BMW despite provenance

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/new ... os-auction

And RK, you'll hate me even more, I love the w126 after buying one off the companies administrator while my the Rover SD1 V8 sat gathering moss in the carpark:

Mercs owned have included a 1983 500SEC AMG, a 1990 560SEC, a 1989 560SEL and a 1986 500SEL

Absolutely loved this despite the rust (being SA built), it was like an old V8

file.php

Heres the 500SEL

mercedes_500sel_629.jpg

Way off topic.

Waaay off topic but...

I have extensive knowledge of Aston Martins, first having owned a DB5, and driven most of the proper ones too. Mercedes previously owned - 190E, 300SE and a Maybach.

Mercedes currently owned - 500E and 300CE.

Rk.

N.B my Grandad bought new a 300SE 6.3, been around M-Bs since childhood.

Was at the Aston garage at Newport Pagnell in February working on the then new Zagato (which is pretty ugly). But what was more exiting was the two DB4 GT being rebuilt while I was there. It was a lovely place to work!

Attachments

• aston.jpg
    aston.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 277
  • more aston.jpg
    more aston.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 276
legrandefromage":26lnibgk said:
Was at the Aston garage at Newport Pagnell in February working on the then new Zagato (which is pretty ugly). But what was more exiting was the two DB4 GT being rebuilt while I was there. It was a lovely place to work!

Aston Martin at NP and Gaydon are very interesting places to work. Owning one, or having owned one is better though.

Rk.

And not really off topic, The above car had a retail price of £525,000 plus the customers' extra work on the dashboard. The car that was traded in was 5 years old and was up on ebay recently for around £100k so he has lost a lot of money.

Investments in anything needs an educated eye on trends and availability.

For instance, in the 1970's Moog released a 'cheap' version of its Minimoog. The Micro Moog sold more but its cheap build meant they didnt last any where near as long as its vastly bigger more expensive brother. They are now rare and quite sort after as their big brothers are pretty much all accounted for.

Certain bike brands fail miserably but are highly sort after. Look back on retrobike to see what could be had for pennies in 2005 and now try to buy those products 13 years on.

legrandefromage":80irc37k said:
Certain bike brands fail miserably but are highly sort after. Look back on retrobike to see what could be had for pennies in 2005 and now try to buy those products 13 years on.

I made the point earlier about bicycle investments, the SBDU frame I ordered in 1985 cost £500.00 (and example sum, I'll not post an image of the invoice), in today's money that's nearly £1500.00 and I doubt I'd get £1500 for it today.

Despite it's uniqueness.

Rk.

Latest posts

Back