15 mm nuts, ooooooerrrrr missus

KermitGKona88

Gold Trader
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Just picked up a bike with a Mavic chainset on, thing is it has 15 mm nuts on it does anyone have a removal tool for these I could borrow or buy please :?: :D

Cheers

Mark :D :D

Re: Re:

RickTheUncivil":1n2b7r7n said:
You mean like a standard 15mm socket?

There in lies the rub............. You need either the right tool or a special socket (I.E. cheap and nasty) as the space betwixt the bolt and the crank hole is very thin. I think 15 mm bolts should really only be used on TA and Stronglight 23 mm pattern cranks.

Re: Re:

RickTheUncivil":3pqwnygb said:
You mean like a standard 15mm socket?
And a grinder then.

No no that apparently essential homosexual dating app, a bench grinder. Spinning wheels of carborundum or similar capable of removing metal from small objects by spinning at high revolutions.

There's a Tacx wrench that has a standard 14mm on one side and a thin walled 15mm on the other. Should be about a tenner I think...

Re Saddle:

Halve it, add 10%, take of 25% then allow for postage at £2.75 in the price, 10p for cellotape and an old jiffy bag. And Bob's yer uncle.

Re:

I have ordered one of these spanners now so fingers crossed should be sorted, despite many offers from THM to look on Grinder for a '15mm socket' for me ;) ;)

Back