Eroica Britannia 2018

non-fixie":1fh65to5 said:
What struck me was the almost total absence of international participants. In that respect the contrast with the previous week's Retroronde was rather striking.

Well we were at least 15 Norwegian taking part this year, but as I have now been to four Eroica's and some of my friends has done three, we are planning for something else next year. Maybe the Limburg or one of the German ones, another option is the Sportive lakes.
The ride was interesting this year as they changed the direction of the routes. Unfortunately I had to ride the short this year due to an injury, If you saw ann rider with a crutch strapped to a Rossin , well thats me.
In my opinion the the festival was better this year, last year the whole event was to much of a music festival, this year was just perfect with the smaller shows of upcoming artists. The market was also much better this year, more dealers with loads of stuff.
If I shall rank the the four Eroicas I have been to then the the 2014 in Bakewell was the best, even if the ground was soaked in 2015 I still enjoyed the Bakewell showgrounds, third ranked is this year's and last in the rank is last years due to the big music festival even we had the extremely good weather.
I am also going to Gaiole Italy this year, but that much more of an hassle, no direct flights and accommodation far away from the city.

Re: Re:

hamster":f3lr1gf8 said:
allenh":f3lr1gf8 said:
I've seen this happen with pretty much every hobby I'm involved with (bikes, cars, hifi etc etc. ) so perhaps I need a new hobby. Falconry anyone?

Made me laugh, I feel much the same.

No joking, try ferrets. Had them for 7 years, great fun!

Goats for me!.....they kind of calm me down . :p

Attachments

• goats.jpg
    goats.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 239
Re: Re:

PeachyPM":2lwx5vlx said:
hamster":2lwx5vlx said:
allenh":2lwx5vlx said:
I've seen this happen with pretty much every hobby I'm involved with (bikes, cars, hifi etc etc. ) so perhaps I need a new hobby. Falconry anyone?

Made me laugh, I feel much the same.

No joking, try ferrets. Had them for 7 years, great fun!

Goats for me!.....they kind of calm me down . :p

If you've seen the pocket wilderness that doubles as my back garden Goats might be a very good idea

PerB":2rfkrzqk said:
(...) If you saw ann rider with a crutch strapped to a Rossin , well thats me.
(...)

I do remember seeing a bike like that at the lunch stop. And raising an eyebrow at it, because of that crutch. Sorry I didn't know it was you, Per, or I'd have said hello.

Back