RBotM June 2018 - Theme - 1940 to 1959 Nominations now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
PeterPerfect":1wdky33p said:
It will have to be something special to knock that Paris off the top spot even though its' owner thinks it's a Pairs ! Absolutely stunning.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :LOL: :LOL:

I need to go to secp svaers .
ffo to ebit pot .

Out of interest to some here .Dave Orford is a former semi pro cyclist and well known in the Derbyshire area . He gifted me the frame and some bits back in 2008. I told him I would restore it.
More about Dave here.
https://www.belpernews.co.uk/news/cycli ... -1-7919115
His placings here .
http://www.cyclingarchives.com/coureurf ... urid=28888

Last time Dave saw the bike it was parked out side Thors cafe at Cromford in Derbyshire . He was with his son David at the time telling him he had owned a Galibier . I stuck my head round the door ,saying this was the one {He had not seen me sitting inside} Mugs of tea followed .
He used the Paris for training rides and cycle touring .

I've just come in and turned the computer on and seen todays posts and deleted almost a whole page of nonsense from Mays RBotM. I then locked it. I hope it doesn't spill over into this months as that might well just put an end to it.
Most don't realise that all this sort of negative/combative banter just puts people off being involved in the comp and they just don't want to either enter something and think that it's going to have the piss taken or they just pass on by rather than get involved in the clique nonsense. It's what almost killed it before and has taken a couple of years to build it back to this. So by starting it all again, it is ironic that it's also to do with the lack of people involved. So far this last few days two of the comps have had posts deleted, people have withdrawn and there have been numerous PM complaints about others attitudes.
It's been good for a long time, so not sure what kicked it off. It needs to end now.
It is the reason why I say each month that it is not serious but it's really a place to show off what you have been riding, working on, building etc. Share this stuff with a few photos. It's not a love fest but it's also not the place to start slagging something off. If it's not to your taste then just pass by, I've never seen anything here that has offended my senses so much I have had to have a go at it. Normal constructive criticism is welcome but that is not always what we get and then p taking starts and just degenerates the thread until no one else enters. Thats how it used to go. Then people say, you don't get many people entering or involved.
Summertime madness maybe? Lets hope so and if we can keep on track then I will delete this post in a couple of days, as it too puts people off joining in.

Jamie

Re:

ive just read through the thread again and cant see any "negative combative banter". Bit of light friendly stuff linked to a typo, but that's it. Nothing that wouldn't be said if all were there in person. I'd be more concerned if it got too "stiff" and technical with no personality shining through, but maybe that's just me.

I'm more concerned with how the latest Eroica thread took a dive, whether there is a back story to that one or not

legrandefromage":e6rk3cdj said:
the various threads have been edited to clean them up a bit. it'll all be fine as long as you dont mention you got your bike from ebay.
I've already PM'd him this. rather than prolong but you just had to mention it again didn't you?

I'm really schpocked at your insensitivity.

I just like shiny things.

As long as they're not sharp.

legrandefromage":2orn845b said:
the various threads have been edited to clean them up a bit. it'll all be fine as long as you dont mention you got your bike from ebay.

Fail to understand the conceit, I have an opinion you have an opinion, yet you think yours takes precedence. This is a road bike of the month thread why don't you, and others, drop the extraneous posts and stay with the thread topic as Jamie suggests ?

I've already excluded myself from taking part so you might take pleasure from that. Thankfully comradeship amongst cyclists can still be enjoyed, as I experienced at the Roberts Rendezvous last week, sadly not here.

Apologies Jamie, you're doing a great job though.

Rk.

Re: Re:

pigman":3k8kaxuj said:
ive just read through the thread again and cant see any "negative combative banter". Bit of light friendly stuff linked to a typo, but that's it. Nothing that wouldn't be said if all were there in person. I'd be more concerned if it got too "stiff" and technical with no personality shining through, but maybe that's just me.

I'm more concerned with how the latest Eroica thread took a dive, whether there is a back story to that one or not

Hi mate
Those threads were deleted so you are probably seeing the tamed down version. As for the Eroica thread the same antagonistic posts are about to be deleted as thats been four threads that are getting stopped stone cold because of these type of posts that aren't constructive, inclusive, helpful and are almost best described as the complete opposite.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back