Roberts Rendezvous.

roadking

Senior Retro Guru
Retrobike's road forum is pretty much a Roberts Free Zone, but there was a good turnout at last week's inaugural Roberts Rendezvous.

Jon.

N.B photo credit to Lawrence Lawry.

Attachments

• Roberts_Rendezvous.jpg
    Roberts_Rendezvous.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 467
Yup, it was a good gathering, some lovely bikes. I was there with one of mine, though I left before the picture was taken.

That's a pretty impressive showing alright.
Any more information on the gathering would be greatly received I'm sure.
I know it's not just myself that would be interested to learn more.

Thanks

Jamie

Re:

Thanks Jamie.

This event at the Guildhall in London, had been sometime in the planning by Tom (Bogdanowicz). I'd been invited well over a year ago - but this was even before a venue had been firmed up - because I'd contributed to an article on Roberts; I've known Roberts for many years and have three early, Charles Roberts built, road frames as well as a Winston Vaz built Audax from Chas.

Attendees were also invited to bring any Roberts frames built for other shops (e.g Geoffrey Butler), I took one of my two Roberts built Geoffrey Butlers.

Back to the event. Excellent turnout and some very nice, friendly people, I was not aware of any RetroBikers in attendance. Geoff Roberts and Winston Vaz were there, as was Maurice Burton Britain's first black cycling champion, along with a few other guys that I didn't get a chance to speak with. Road bikes outnumbered mountainbikes by a margin, and there was a good selection of early-ish as well as late examples.

The Rendezvous was part of the bigger event that was the City Cycling Festival - Past, Present, Future. Another Rendezvous is being planned.

Jon.

Back