Dynatech 700 loose 'bit'?

Oldaircool

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

got hold of a 90/91 Dynatech 700 a few months ago and she has quickly become my go to bike for my commute. She rides so nicely. However, I have a question. The rear stays fit onto the seatpost by what appears to be some sort of screw/alan headed bolt and there is a bit of movement at this joint. Its not the bonding of the lug to the frame tube or anything its just at this 'screwed' joint. So my question is 'Is this normal?' and if not can it be tightened?

Thanks

I can tell you that mine doesn't do this, so hopefully for my sake its not normal and mine isn't the broken one :) I'll roger that they're fantastic bikes to ride though. The allen head is about 2mm out of the monostay on each side, and there is no movement

james_from_stoke":21f85x75 said:
I can tell you that mine doesn't do this, so hopefully for my sake its not normal and mine isn't the broken one :) I'll roger that they're fantastic bikes to ride though. The allen head is about 2mm out of the monostay on each side, and there is no movement

Thanks

I'd remove the bolt and then put it back with threadloc on. There shouldn't be any movement at this joint as it should be bolted snug against the seat tube clamp lug. The threadloc will help it stay there this time.

Back