Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

Looking for some advice please. :D

A friend of mine is building a French bike, and it has a near vertical hole in the rear brake bridge, as opposed to the normal near horizontal one. I think I've heard of brackets to convert to a normal caliper, but I can't remember where.

Can someone here enlighten me please?

Thanks,

Mike

Re:

Thanks for finding that mate!

Not sure if it's what I'm looking for though. Trying to mount a conventional Weinmann brake on this frame.

Mike

Not sure if the brake mount that Bagpuss posted does but a good #of those the stud is threaded in the mount & screws out you would have to cut your brake mount bolt to length so as not to impede the mounting on the stay some running of a die to extend the thread on the brake bolt is some tines required A half nut to lock the brake bolt in the required position is usually required The usual thread is M6 coarse

Not sure if the brake mount that Bagpuss posted does but a good #of those the stud is threaded in the mount & screws out you would have to cut your brake mount bolt to length so as not to impede the mounting on the stay some running of a die to extend the thread on the brake bolt is some tines required A half nut to lock the brake bolt in the required position is usually required The usual thread is M6 coarse Looking again it may be the brake arms fit on the stud & you have the "gismo" on the frame side of the brake rather than the threaded brake pivot bolt

Latest posts

Back