Style police please: Arthur Caygill

Re:

Looks OK as it is to me- Black saddle and white tape was the '70s default. (I know it's not a '70s bike- I just hated the '80s.)

I even like the red cables against the purple paint. More red would be overkill. Yeah it is a shame the tyres are pink.

One thing I cannot understand, stylistically or functionally- is why anyone needs that huge loop of cable outer for the rear derailleur- but then I haven't used a derailleur/shifter system that wasn't already old news by the start of the '80s, so what do I know?

Looks fine to me - but I would dump those 'Ergo' bars (which IMHO are anything but!) and fit some 'classic' bend ones and shorten the rear mech outer as already suggested. The Ultremo ZX tyres are good and fast. I bought a pair for TT'ing on and they are quite lively.

Basically keep it as is - it'll be a talking point if nothing else!

White tape, black or grey cables, white or black saddle. With those rims, all black tyres. Tan walls always seem to look better on dark rims

Just my 2p

On another note, what groupset would you choose?

It has ten speed Ultegra / 105 10spd because thats what I have available but am prepared to go a bit on this as long as the wheels stay

Back