Unusual Eddy Merckx

I'll get some better pics in a bit and post them.

Rear drop outs and seat stay bridge are Merckx engraved. So I'd be interested to find out what it is...

Seattube diameter any use for identification? Strada OS is 27.2, not sure about 0 1, but it may well be the same. ..in which case no use at all!

One thing for sure, it’s nor an MX fork

DSH":eu6k5h5p said:
Seattube diameter any use for identification? Strada OS is 27.2, not sure about 0 1, but it may well be the same. ..in which case no use at all!

One thing for sure, it’s nor an MX fork

My mistake indeed not MX Leader fork, which has the wings.

Frame engravings point to a real one. Some frames have been custom built and are not easy to put into a category.

If engraved in the seat stays, it is not a Corsa 01. That frame (not incl fork) has only engraving in the rear brake bridge "Eddy / Merckx" and bottom bracket. And the drop outs if they 're not campa.

Tnx for showing more pictures. This is interesting.

Merckx custom frames were usually only to do with sizing of a model of frame and not just throwing together a frame. Unless of course you were someone important or from a sponsored team. :)

Jamie

F 3747 - the year of production 1994, there were no Corsa 01 and Strada OS models yet, the choice is Mx Leader, Corsa Extra, Century, Corsa (Thron) and Strada. The frame was rebuilt, repainted and covered with random stickers. One decent photo would explain the situation.

Back