Check those inner tubes....

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
In the last two weeks I've had one inner tube split at the valve base (yes it was installed correctly, pointing straight at the hub) and one split at the seam / joint where the tube is joined. The tubes were well-known brands, not cheap tat. I also found the one in my saddle pack had worn due to rubbing
which was my fault :oops:

Given tubes are reasonably cheap and one deflating rapidly at speed could be quite painful, it's probably worth checking your tubes now and again. 100 psi is a lot for a skinny bit of rubber to hold back...

SP

I'd second that I parked my bike outside the cafe after a bit of fast decending and the tube went bang I'm just glad it happened at the cafe and not going downhill. :shock:

Re:

I wrap the inner tubes in a thick cloth bag before putting them into my saddle bag, due to the experience of finding inner tubes in my saddle bag that had holes in them made by pointy tools in the bag.

Re:

Had a few Halfords tubes spontaneously go bang in the last year or two. Suspect its cr@p from the usual country of manufacture. Gonna invest in some quality tubes for my main rider in future.

Back