Giant TCR Team

HansOberlander

Dirt Disciple
I have the opportunity to buy a Giant TCR Team frame, but I am quite unsure about the framesize. Seattube is 51cm c-t, toptube is 55 c-c. Also the headtube looks quite small. (see picture)

Usually I am more of a 56-58cm type of guy, but I am not familiar with those sloping geometries. Judging by the seatpost, it could fit me (a tad small but smaller is for a more sporty ride as far as I know).

Any help on this one?

Attachments

• Giant TCR.PNG
    Giant TCR.PNG
    93.3 KB · Views: 430
Re:

This is the original giant Medium size and is good for those riding normal 54-56 cm frames. With you saying you ride 56-58 it may be a tad small, but I fear the Large (not that you have the opportunity to buy one) would possibly be too big. It's because of people who fit in between sizes, that subsequent to this Giant brought in a couple of extra sizes - the M/L of later frames would fit you ideal.

you could take a punt - the critical measurement is the 55cm top tube and is a big factor in how the bike would handle/descend. Also, could you get the bars high enough?

I normally ride 56/58 (23" in real terms) as well and one of these Medium TCR's was my return to road riding in the late 90's. I rode it for a while and liked it but always felt that something wasn't quite right. When I got hold of a 'proper' 56 size frame with a 56 top tube I realised that the TCR was, in reality, to small and short for me. However, for a while it became a usable time trial bike with tri-bars etc. and is now being used by my daughter's partner for his sporadic bike rides. He is shorter than me, it fits him well and he likes it a lot.

Re:

Well, it's not that expensive, so I might give it a shot. If it's not my size, I can still sell it.

What groupset would be on one back in the days?

Back